Monday, November 24, 2008

Found under the bed

Oh boy!!

I went looking under my bed today. Looking for the winter clothes I had folded and put away last year. Well, see, since it was last year I couldn't quite remember where I had put them. I think I used one of those vacuum air seal bags they show on tv and you can buy at Walmart. I just am not sure now where I put it. They weren't under the bed like I thought, but I did find other stuff.

3 pairs of Jim's shoes - very dusty and forgotten. I didn't even realize they were under there. A pair of Taz head slippers. Again, Jim's. Again, forgotten. Lots and lots of tissues, paper and a couple socks that had snuck under there and never got out. Dust bunnies where breeding like...well..like rabbits.

I didn't find what I was looking for but I found other things. I am not sure what to do with the shoes. I guess, same as what I did with the others - salvation army. It seems the best thing.

It is interesting because over the last 18 months, I have gotten Jim's stuff in certain places where I know where they are. I have some tee shirts in one spot and dress shirts hanging in one area of the closet and I am not surprised when I see them. Follow me? and then to have something pop up throws me off balance. Makes me sit back and go hunh. Makes me sit back and remember.

I have to hit the basement tomorrow and check some areas there. That is more dust. Oh boy.

3 comments:

Evanesco said...

It is those little hidden things that pop out of nowhere that can put you right back on your haunches.
If you are in the cleaning mood, come to my house! There are plenty of dust bunnies...literally. :)

Sharon said...

Dust bunnies under my bed, too, Betsy. I find, these days, that I am regularly looking for a file, a disc *%#@?*, or something else that was just-at-my-fingertips...but now is elusive. I thankfully found my mortgage file yesterday, as my tax statement is due at the end of this month, and they do not show me on that bill statement, which requires a trip down to our county courthouse this week to straighten that all out...

Blessings on your week...and hope you find your winter clothes :)

Rach said...

Hi Betsy,

I'll be thinking of you Thursday and holding you close in my heart. I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving. Many hugs!