Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Jim and Gryphon

My friend Sophia is an artist that creates fantasy portraits. If you want to be Captain of the Enterprise or part of the Rebel Alliance or a Faun, she can make it happen. She did a portrait of Jim and I many years ago with me in a Darkover Lady of the castle outfit and Jim in his Captain of a starship. It was two worlds meeting and we were in love. It has hung over our mantel for 10 or more years.

I asked her to take this photo of Jim and our first Dalmatian, Gryphon, and to make them special. Gryphon died in 1999 and he and Jim were best buddies. I think she did a fantastic job and just wish I could capture it better in the photo. It blew my socks off when I looked at it.

Here is the photo she started with -



Here is her work -



Thank you Sophia!

Here is a shot from a step back. The flag there is the one in honor of Jim's time served in the Navy. You can also see a reflection of the flag hanging on the front door.

5 comments:

Bismo said...

Wow, beautiful... perfect touch adding the Superman shield as well.

Rach said...

Oh, it's so BEAUTIFUL! What a wonderful gift. I love the Superman shield on Jim's shirt. :o)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I know you'll treasure that always. Sophia captured Jim's warmth--her version seems more true to him than the photograph. Amazing.
Thanks for sharing it. Janice

Carol Chretien said...

Absolutely WONDERFUL Betsy!!!

Lynnbug said...

I love it! She is really good!