Sunday, July 20, 2008

3 pm today


My Dad passed on at around 3 pm today. I had just posted the previous blog about him and went to lay down for a quick sunday afternoon nap.

I got the phone call and knew before I picked it up what the call was about. My stepsister said that my stepmom and her were out of the room - she was talking to the nurse and my stepmom was in the bathroom. We had been saying for a few days that he was waiting for all of us to leave. My brothers and sister and I said our peace with him and went on home and my stepmom and stepsister were still there.

My Dad was not just a good dad, but a good guy. He taught me a lot and allowed us to follow our dreams and guided us along the way. He will be missed by many and remembered with a smile.

Goodbye Dad.

12 comments:

Marsha said...

May you find great comfort in the memories of your father. My thoughts are with you and your family this day.
Marsha

Unknown said...

Oh Betsy, I'm so sorry. I know this is so hard for you. You'll be in my prayers.

Linda said...

Betsy,
I'm sending all my love to you and your family....May the memories of your father always warm your heart.

Rach said...

Oh, Betsy, my heart hurts for you so much this evening. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers as you continue to travel down this road.

I wish you a peaceful rest this evening and strength in the days to come.

HUGS, Friend. Many many HUGS.

Lynnbug said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know what it feels like to lose a Dad. For me it felt like a huge part of me was gone. Thinking of you and hoping you are doing well.

He looks like such a sweet Dad.

Laurie in Ca. said...

Praying for you Betsy as you go through this loss, hoping you have peace in your heart knowing you spent the precious time you all did with him in those last days. Praying for the strength you need each day to get you through.

Laurie in Ca. Big Hugs to you!!!

SJW said...

I am sorry to read of your Dad's passing. Wishing you and your family some measure of peace as you lay your Dad to rest.

Susan in TX

Evanesco said...

I am sending you virtual hugs and tons of White Light. I'm here for you if there is anything I can do.
~Jeanette aka Kimba

Tina said...

I'm so, so, sorry.

((((HUGS))))

Sharon said...

Betsy,

Hopped over from Rach's blog, so this is a first time visit to your blog.

Only you know who was behind the face in your dad's picture, and I bet there was a story behind this picture taking session.

I pray your memories will be sweet and will comfort you in the days, weeks and months to come.

Cara Levasseur said...

Betsy,

I found your blog thru Rachael's. I'm very sorry about your dad and your husband. I just read your whole blog. What a tribute to a loved one. I'll be checking in from now on.

Cara

Anonymous said...

Betsy,
I am so sorry for the loss of your dad.