Friday, February 29, 2008

Now it's been Nine


One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love.
- Sophocles -

Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love,
the things you are, the things you never want to lose.
~From the television show The Wonder Years

You don't marry someone you can live with,
you marry the person who you cannot live without.
- Author Unknown -

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things,
endures all things.
- The Bible : 1 Corinthians -

All days are nights to see till I see thee,
And nights bright days when dreams do show thee to me.
~William Shakespeare, "Sonnet XLIII"

"I would take this pain any day of the week rather than have
lived my life without Hannah.
Love is a blessing."
- From my friend Rachael is grieving the
loss of her daughter Hannah

Jim, I love you. I miss you.
I wait patiently to be with you again.
Smile at me and help me through this time without you.
Your strength is my strength.
Honeybunny, I hold you in my dreams and in my heart.

5 comments:

Rach said...

What a wonderful photo, Betsy. You both look so overjoyed and elated! :o)

The quotes are wonderful as well. Love is truly the be all end all, isn't it? I pity those who shield themselves from love so they can never be hurt. I would take this pain any day of the week rather than have lived my life without Hannah. Love is a blessing.

Betts4 said...

"I would take this pain any day of the week rather than have lived my life without Hannah. Love is a blessing."

What a touching thought. I am editing my post to include that.

The photo is one of the last (the last?) of Jim and I together. We were in georgia visiting his brother. It was taken in late march/early april.

Rach said...

Oh, Bets, I'm honored you felt the need to add that. :o)

Laurie in Ca. said...

I love that picture of you and Jim looking so content with each other. And I agree with you editing to add Rachael's declaration of love for Hannah. Those are strong words from her heart. Your words are beautiful too and say so much about your love. I love how you hold Jims memory in your heart, even when it hurts. Have a wonderful weekend.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

Laura said...

That is a beautiful photograph of the two of you. My thoughts are so often with you. Someone asked me recently if I would do it all over again, given the circumstances and a million other things. I would not give up a moment...except for the last. Hugs