Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A flash of thoughts


I can't remember if I posted this photo before, but I liked looking at it, so what the hell, it's my blog.
What I have enjoyed about looking thru old photos has been the story behind the photo.
Looking at the picture and my knowledge of all the things in the photo and being able to say to myself what they are. Having it all run thru my head.
Here is Jim in bed, mostly like watching tv as he is holding a remote. We are in our house in boston because I recognize the walls. This was boston, a time when we rejuvanated our marriage and became a stronger couple. I miss boston. The comfortor/blanket cover you just see in the lower right corner was given to us by a friend. It is now on my couch. The pillow case pattern hasn't been used in awhile and is in a box. Jim has the look on his face of quiet submission to my photo taken. "come on, take it, get it over with so I can go back to the batman cartoon." He is wearing a flannel shirt that one of my employees left at our store when I worked back in cockeysville, about 3 years before the photo. Jim really liked the pattern to it. It was worn so much it had to be tossed. I did find a similiar patterned one at a thrift store and have that on my bed. It is not a common pattern. The tee shirt is from our trip to florida. His wedding ring is the second one of his. I am wearing it now.
I know this seems crazy, but it is the things that go thru my head as I view the photo. In a flash. In much less time than it took to type it all out.

1 comment:

Rach said...

Isn't it funny how those snatches of thought and memories flash through your subconscious?

I'm glad you have those memories. Hold them tightly, Betsy.

Many hugs!