Monday, July 30, 2007

Success!

The front door knob got changed. By me.

I feel a lot safer. And proud.

I had people telling me how easy it was, and how hard it was, gee I should call a locksmith, gosh just use some graphite on it.

I went thru the tool room and found 10 of the tubes of window sealent and such. New and unused. I took 7 tubes to Home Depot for a refund and got a store credit. That paid for the new lock.

Well, putting it in wasn't easy, but it wasn't too difficult either. A bit of cursing as I had to figure out how the screws went in and met up with the other side. But it worked!

Now it feels very secure, actually better then the old one. And I feel better.

1 comment:

Ginger D said...

Bravo!