Sunday, July 29, 2007

Can't end the day sad.

A special date. Maybe second or third.

We both worked at Blockbuster Video. It was late 80's and we both knew we were Star Trek fans.

So, for the first date, he asked if I would mind a trip to Washington DC, about a 45 minute drive from Baltimore. I said no, that would be fun. I am thinking Lincoln memorial, The Wall, the washington monument and then a nice dinner.

Well, we park at a hotel and we go in. It is a Star Trek convention. I was laughing and so touched. I have been going to them for years, knew about this one, had never been to one in DC, but didn't know that he knew about it here.

So we went in, listened to Shatner speak and it was great. I mean, sitting next to Jim was great, Shatner was a bit of a pompous ass. He talked about his dogs, his horses and then some more about his horses. Jim asked him a question not about Trek, but about writing and Shatner started talking about his horses again.

We had dinner but I can't remember where. We were talking for hours. The ride home was just perfect. I knew he was my soulmate when we kissed at the end of the night. I didn't want to stop kissing him. (i did eventually)

No comments: