Sunday, July 29, 2007

Two months

Who would have believed that I could have made it this far. If you had asked me three months ago, I'd have told you that I would be in a looney bin without Jim. That I couldn't have stood a day without him.

Well, I can't. I can't stand these days without him. How am I doing this?

I was thinking about the two month mark today. I think I fell asleep. I was on the ceiling looking down at our bed. There was a beautiful quilt there. Each piece of the quilt was a piece of our life together, a memory of what we had. The quilt wrapped around me - I was not on the ceiling anymore, but in the bed. The memories enfolded me and I could reach out and touch a small part of the quilt and the memory would play thru my mind.

Two months and both the dogs and I look for you to come in thru the door.

No comments: