Thursday, April 9, 2009

Extensive

So my last newsflash was a bit premature. I mean, it was good in that Mercury made it thru the surgery, but not good in that the report the vet gave me afterwards was bad.

The vet was able to remove only 60% of the tumor on his tongue. And he said it was extensive, more than he thought, and that being so, it will come back aggressively.

I may have the summer with Mercury. We are not sure what timeline to give it. 4, 6 or 8 months.

I will enjoy the time and let him know that he is loved.

2 comments:

Rach said...

Well, CRAP. :o( But that's still 4-8 months of time left to spend with him, providing him with the most wonderful life any dog could want.

Again, I'm so sorry you have to go through this.

HUGS

Sharon said...

Betsy,

I know you will make the best of the next months, and am thankful that Mercury has an excellent caregiver. May the tears you shed be the good, cleansing kind, that works through your struggles, but leaves you with refreshment...not regret. Blessings on your Easter weekend,