Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Family gatherings from Jim's side

I am not feeling much like writing this week, however I have found a whole box of photos. They were in a corner of the basement I have not looked at in a bit. I had a fun night sorting them out into piles with my family, Jim's family and some of both of us. I am going to post the ones I found of Jim and his family. The first one is one of the few we have of Jim as a youngster. I posted one other one way earlier in this blog. The others are of various family gatherings.
.
Here is a favorite. It's Jim age - at 3? or 4? or 5? He had a great expression even then.
.
.
Jim's oldest brother, his Dad and his Mom. .
The siblings and Mom. Jim's head is sticking in there between Mom and his sister.
.
The men of the family. Jim is on the right and his son is on the far right.


.
I had forgotten about this photo. I am glad I found it.
It was taken at the first christmas that Jim and I had together in 1989.
.
Jim, his mom and his oldest brother. Thanksgiving 1993.

I am going to be posting more pictures, but I don't have any more of his family. At least that I have found yet. It is very healing for me to be able to look at photos and think back to that time. It is a special code that sometimes only you know the way to solve it. To look at the backround and know where the photo was, who was there, what time of year or even what year, just by looking at the details. Yes, the sadness of a time gone past is there. A wonder of why more times were not to be. But a small smile inside that at least there were these times.
Together.

.

Jim and I on his birthday. We were married 11 months and 21 days.


2 comments:

Lynnbug said...

It is so much fun to look at old photos. These are really nice. Im glad you found them!

Unknown said...

Ahh - such wonderful memories. I love family pictures where you can just feel the love.