Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Saturday

It was a good work day. Working around the house and yard.

My dogs let me sleep late which was really nice. I still don't know why, but they didn't bark or whine and I slept till about 8:30 am. Which in this house is really late.

I tried to make french toast and it failed miserable. Thank god for the bacon! I will practice more with that french toast. I boiled some eggs for Easter and will decorate them later and show some pics. For me that is one of the highlights of Easter. That and the wonderful, glorious songs that are sung in church. I love good church songs.

Working out in the yard was very cleansing. I was able to do a few things I had been wanting to do, envisioning how to do and making it work. I could see the bulb of daffodils I planted finally starting to come up. We don't get a lot of sun in the backyard so it is tough on growing.

My dogs and I had a nice quiet moment in the late afternoon. We were sitting on the plastic loveseat that has been a part of our household for almost 15 years. It is a favorite for the dogs to get up on and view the world. I can sit on it and have a dog on either side. Well, we sat there and watched the sun set. We weren't looking at the sun, but rather the sun as it hit the house behind us. We could watch the color change to reflect the setting and the twilight approaching. I think I may have been the only one noticing the change, the dogs were just enjoying having their ears rubbed as I sat there.

3 comments:

Rach said...

I sense peace, Betsy. I'm so glad! :o)

I too enjoy those uplifting Easter hymns. Sing joyfully tomorrow! :o)

Happy Easter! :o)

Linda said...

Sounds like a beautiful time, Betsy. Thinking of you...
Linda

Laurie in Ca. said...

A good end to a good day, a beautiful sunset. I hear a peace in your words and that sounds good. Happy Easter Betsy.

Love, Laurie in Ca.