Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sharing photos

I am sending Jim's sister some of the photos I have of him as a young man. Before I met him. Some I have shared here, some I haven't. He was a dapper fellow and her son Guy looks a lot like Jim did when he was young.

I wish I had known him then. He still had the same grin and twinkle in the eye and quirk to the eyebrow.

I find looking at these pictures I can both smile at what he had and cry at what is lost. Touching the photo and following the line of his face from forehead to chin and remembering what it felt like to touch him. A memory of his hair thru my fingers is just a wisp now. But it is a memory brought back by the photos.

1 comment:

Laura said...

That is a really nice thing for you to do. I am sure she will appreciate them. I'm thinking of you.