Sunday, October 21, 2007

For my man.

Found on Jim's birthday, in a box of papers, a card I gave to him in 1996 for his birthday. I opened it, read it and thought about how true it all was. He was this man.


To the Man in my Life

When I look into your eyes....
I see all the things that you are -
kindness, gentleness, compassion and love.
There's a twinkle that sometimes appears
when you are talking about
the beautiful things in this world
that are so important to you...

When I hear your voice...
I hear the sweetest sound
I have ever heard.
When you say "I love you"
it touches me in a way no other words
ever have or ever will touch me again...

When I see your face...
I see a man who has so much depth.
Your face reflects a bittersweet past
and holds so much hope for the future.
It's an honest and trusting face,
with a boyish quality
that is rare in a world that makes us
grow old before our time.

When you hold me...
you have a way like magic
of making me feel so peaceful, secure,
very content with my world
and everything that is around me.
Life is a wonderland in your arms -
a place I thought I would never find.

When you love me...
that is the greatest gift of all.
You give me an unselfish, undemanding,
uninhibited kind of love
that I thought only existed in my dreams.
You have filled an empty space inside me,
and now I feel I am complete.

Your love has given me life,
and now, with you, my life is full of love.

-------

No comments: