Monday, August 20, 2007

Flowers

If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden. ~Claudia Ghandi

There are some beautiful deep orange Tiger Lily's on my counter. They look great in the purple Tiki glass a friend gave me and for me, they represent a reminder of Jim's spirit.

Not his ethereal spirit, but his spirit for life.He was always bringing home flowers for me. See, I love to get flowers and he knew that. When we were first married it was maybe only on special occasions, but then we moved to Boston and he rode the T (subway) and it became a weekly treat. There are flower stalls at almost every stop so it was easy for him to bring them home and make me smile.

He surprised my Mom with flowers when she came to visit us in Boston. He greeted her at the airport with a big bouquet. I didn't know that he was going to do this, but he sure made my Mom grin.

Anytime we went to visit his parents graves or my Moms graves, he had flowers for them. He tried to make sure we had them for birthdays or holidays at his sisters. He told me that the flowers bring a quick grin, but a smile for days afterwards.

Heck, all his darn Hawaiian shirts all had flowers on them!

He knew they would light up my day and he would bring them home for me. He would send them to our doctors receptionist for helping him with an insurance quandry, he would send them every birthday to his daughter Michelle. The flowers were a way for him to let us know he was thinking of us.

No comments: