Friday, September 24, 2010

The last two weeks

The last two weeks have been crazy. No "down" time since the 6th. Every night has been a meeting of some kind. Every day has had some drama in it.

Locked myself out of my house.

Two days in a row.

I was able to get in with help from a neighbor who crawled thru my window and the second time by calling the woman that walks my dogs and getting my key.

I left to go to work without taking my morning medicine.

Two days (well, not in a row but in this week).

I volunteered at our Community Health Fair, took Tigger to the vet, got Zoey transported to the house, helped at the pot luck dinner for the neighborhood group, had a staff meeting at work, took Zoey to the vet, had a birthday dinner and then finally, finally was able to just crash at home for an evening.

That was a lot crammed into 2 weeks and I guess it makes up for all those days of Summer when it was too hot to do anything!

I had intended to blog every other day, but man, by the time I had a chance to stop and breathe, I was too darn tired to blog.

Hopefully things will slow down a bit.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Betsy,

I'm so glad you are availing yourself of each and every social occasion that you can be a part of -- as you mentioned, the summer is hot, and, not too soon, the winter weather will be back; my tendency at times this past week, has been to "coop up" after a long day's work, rather than continuing to do a nightly yard chore or planting. I have to admit that the cooler weather can seem "too cool" to be outdoors after work...and the sun begins to go down so much earlier.

Anyway, each of those evenings, I felt down, and know, in part, it was due to less activity. I'm looking forward to a warm weekend (in the 80s)for the outside chores...

Blessings on your weekend! And I love Zoey!

Anonymous said...

Betsy,
I was looking for the words to John Denver's song--Annie's song--and opened your blog when I saw the lyrics.
I'm so very sorry about your husband; that kind of pain doesn't go away over time, as I've discovered.
My son, my only child, was killed 3 1/2 years ago during a hunting trip. Jay died 14 months after my deeply loved parents died, so the pain was tripled, I think. He was just 31 years old.

I learned from my wonderful minister to let myself grieve, even if for years, because it's more losses than most have to go through so quickly.
Yours is the same way; you've lost your husband, and three pets you obviously loved very much--a lot of losses in only a few short years.
We're "allowed" to grieve when there's that much "heart hurt", as I refer to it.

I think you must be much stronger than many people, because it takes a lot of strength to be able to open your heart to let others see the pain.