Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mid week rambles

It has been a long week, and it is just Wednesday.
I took off work today because I was not feeling really good. The edge of a head cold or something. I have also not been feeling very good emotionally. Feeling sort of like every nerve has been woken up and pinged. Maybe that is from the occurances of the weekend. Maybe it is a normal 5-6 month grieving thing. I am crying at the drop of a hat. Everything seems to remind me of things that never will be again.

Speaking to my boss this afternoon, yes, my boss that called to see how I was doing. Gosh I hope I don't do something to blow this job. He said he was concerned because he had noticed me not on my A game and was hoping I was okay. I told him about the head cold and then went on to talk about emotions that are hitting and and I discussed my seeing a counselor on a one on one basis to help straighten things out maybe. I mentioned it to him first and he said then that if there was anything he could do as far as time to leave early or a ride or insurance to just ask. He was very understanding about what I may need and said we can figure it out. Good bosses are nice to find.

I am ending this with a photo. I found this picture in a pile and it is Jim from our honeymoon in OC. We had a huge suite and were having some fun. He was doing a typical Jim thing - silliness for a photo. I never understood the sticking the napkin in his mouth, but he was prone to do things like that in other pics. Hold things on his head, in his ear or mouth, always when I was about to take the pic. Here he has a napkin in his mouth and is posing ballerina style (I think). The funny part came after the pic when he fell into the counter. The MTV jacket in the foreground was the first gift that Jim bought me after we got engaged. I still have it.










1 comment:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hi Betsy,
Just stopping by this morning to let you know I am thinking about you and hoping your day will be blessed. That is a great picture of Jim being silly and himself. My husband is the same way with pictures, only his prank is getting his "middle finger" hiding somewhere in the picture.:) It was good to read that you have a good boss who seems to really care about you, it doesn't sound like you need to worry about keeping your job. I am praying that your days get lighter for you. Take care,

Laurie in Ca.