Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Keeping Busy

It's been a busy week and it is just Tuesday.

On Sunday I went to the Patuxent Sanctuary. A wildlife preserve nearby. I went with two friends and we had a great time. It was very relaxing to get out in the sun, the fresh air and see the geese and turtles and trees. Oh my.

I really liked the tour they gave, it was on a 'tram'. It moved about 4 mph and the guide was a hoot. Kept going on about how the geese would be great for Thanksgiving. I seem to feel he didn't like the geese. Maybe a bad childhood memory or something. We traveled along the trail and saw Beaver lodges and very dry lakes and the green/gold of fall coming on. That was worth it.

Monday was the beginning of the work week and I had to finish an annual summary of activities and make it look nice graphically. It is sort of like one of those christmas cards you get from a family that tells you everything they did all year. Monday night was a meeting for the neighborhood association. I am editor for the newsletter and we are a very positive influence - our goals are to green the neighborhood and to work on other projects to improve the area.

Today I am pretty busy at work again, but taking a moment here to reflect. The coming week will be crazy. I am going to the counseling group tonight, thursday is my tattoo date night, and friday going out with a fellow widow from the group to see a comedy show.

Then there is Saturday. Jim's birthday. He would have been 54. I got thru my birthday barely, without him, but for some reason his birthday is hitting harder. Maybe because he will never have another.

No comments: