Monday, November 21, 2011

Contemplation on me

I was driving into work this morning and thinking about the next few days. I have a lot to get done before going to visit my Aunt, Uncle and cousins for the holiday, and yet I was very settled and okay. I thought about this and decided it is because I have taken charge of my life in a new way. I had been coasting and going day to day. Trying hard to be ready for the next crisis and never really making it. Today I finally felt like I had made it. Not sure what that means, but I felt like I was in control of things, instead of things being in control of me.

Most likely this will change by next week, but hey, it was a nice feeling for today.

1 comment:

Jack said...

Sometimes there are things or a time of year that I think will destroy me, yet they don't. Then, when I least expect it, whammo!

I don't have to tell you, but you're right. Take one day, one minute if you have to, at a time. Hope you have a great holiday with your aunt and uncle.

Be well.