Friday, November 2, 2007

A surprise find

Inundated with photos.

New old photos that I haven't seen in years and years.

I had a friend over and we worked on the basement. In doing so we opened a box and there was a quadzillion photos. A lot from our wedding day. Some from our first puppy Gryphon. Some from my Dad's 70th? surprise birthday party. A bunch from various moments in our lives. All were from before 1997. They must have been in that tote box for years and years.

It was both a treasure chest and a pandora's box of emotions.

I looked at them smiled at the memories and cried that it was all lost. It's not fair that Jim is gone from my life. It's not fair that he won't be able to take a picture giving me bunny ears again. It's not fair and I don't like it.

The photos are hurting but they are so wonderful that I can't turn away. I cry and I can't put them down.

Sometime soon I will post a few.

No comments: